General Help Position
The General Help Positions exist to support the day-to-day operations in all departments of the workers camp as operations require. Departments include: Housekeeping, Laundry, Food services, and Janitorial.
- The work may consist of rotational basis of 14 days on and 14 days off, 14 days on and 7 days off, 4 days on and 3 days off pending on position and operational requirements and is subject to change
- MUST have a full clean DRIVING LICENSE
- Transportation to and from the facility is not provided.
- Camp work can be very rewarding: wages are typically above market compared to other similar employment, and you have the opportunity to work with very motivated, competent, and skilled people.
- Room and Board is provided.
- Workers are expected to stay at the work facility for their entire work rotation.
- Employment will be conditional upon being deemed medically fit for work, passage of drug and alcohol screening, Completion of criminal background check and the following training: Workplace Hazardous Information System (WHMIS), and other internal training modules.
- Priority for hiring will be given to residents of Thunder Bay and surrounding Area. We encourage applications from members of the Aboriginal communities as well as members of other traditionally under-represented groups.
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual, Permanent
Salary: $1,550.00-$2,100.00 per week
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- Vision care
- 12-hour shifts
Strict Covid-19 measures are in place from point of site entry and the day to day operations.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Thunder Bay, ON (required)
- Secondary School (required)
- respective: 1 year (required)
- English (required)
- Class-G Drivers License (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
If you feel like you would be a competent addition to our team, please email a copy of your cover letter and resume to our HR department: email@example.com – Thank You!