Maintenence Equipment Coordinator
230 Main Street
Gardewine is a transportation company with terminals across Canada and a strong history that dates back to the 1950’s. Specifically in North Western Ontario we have grown considerably by diversifying within the transportation industry. The most important aspect of our company’s operations is our dedicated employees; our people will always be the source of our success and their safety and health will always come first. We are currently seeking Equipment Maintenance coordinator to join our team.
The Equipment Maintenance Coordinator completes a series of day-to-day administrative and clerical duties for the Winnipeg maintenance department. Principle task includes the coordinating the repair and maintenance of the Gardewine Fleet. Ancillary duties includes computer use, handling of paperwork, and dealing with all types of telephone and other inquiries. Work and cooperate with all external and internal customers to ensure a high level of customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with vendors, suppliers and other in a positive manner on parts or equipment needed to foster lasting relationships
- Enter and retrieve maintenance and equipment data into/from the software program
- Updates and administers preventative maintenance software program warranty module (TMT)
- Keeps up-to-date and participates with scheduling work derived from manufacturer’s recalls and bulletins
- Receives inventory and compares to bulk packing slip and order
- Filing of all types of maintenance and equipment related documents
- Follows through on computerized maintenance work orders
- Match purchase orders with maintenance and purchasing work orders
- Answer telephones and deal with direct or indirect inquiries
- Assist with maintenance of service records
- Participates in all Safety initiatives
- Works towards departmental goals by assisting in other related tasks as required.
Strong interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills to work with vendors and suppliers, with some secondary procurement education. Proficient ability to work with software programs, including Microsoft office; specifically maintenance would be considered beneficial. Experience and knowledge working of transportation equipment, parts and maintenance administrative procedures preferred. Able to manage multiple tasks and work in a time sensitive environment.
Working together, yet 6’ apart for your health and safety, is our #1 priority.