Meat Cutter (NOC 6331)
Fresh Market Foods
79 Queen Street
We pride ourselves in providing a variety of fresh products to our customers. Our Meat Department contributes a large part to this by providing our customers with high grade tender cuts of meat.
- Cut, trim and prepare standard cuts of meat, poultry and fish for sale in Fresh Market Foods’ Meat Department and for special orders
- Shape, lace and tie roasts and other meats, poultry and fish for the Fresh Market Foods Gourmet Meats counter
- Create and prepare a variety of items for the Fresh Market Foods Gourmet Meats counter
- Package, wrap and price meats, poultry and fish
- Follow production sheets to ensure adequate amount of product prepared for the day
- Monitor meat shelf and restock throughout the day as needed
- Practice Safe Food Handling by following proper sanitization procedures as well as proper food storage procedures
- Safely operate equipment used to cut and prepare meats including meat grinder and band saw
- Notify manager when supplies are low so they can be reordered
- Use the proper knife for the cutting job; ensure the knife is in good working order and the proper protective equipment is worn
- Answer Customer questions, provide production information and work to ensure customer has a positive shopping experience
- Keep workspace clear of debris and clear of clutter and all equipment is in good working order
Terms of Employment: Permanent Full-time (40 hours/week)
Benefits: After completing the 3 month probationary period, employees are eligible to sign up for our Medical & Dental Benefits and Long Term Disability. Additionally, non-probationary employees will be eligible to participate in our RRSP program.
Location of Work: 79 Queen Street; Sioux Lookout, ON
Education: Completion of high school or equivalent combination of education and experience
Work Experience: Experience is an asset but not required.
Language of Work: English
Transportation: Fresh Market Foods will pay for the one-time round-trip transportation costs of the successful candidate to our location and back to the successful candidates permanent residence at the end of the applicable work period.
Apply with Resume to:
Liz Ward, Human Resources Manager
In Store: 79 Queen Street; Sioux Lookout, ON
Fresh Market Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all interested applicants to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided during the hiring process.