Fort William Curling Club Kitchen
218 Vickers Street North
The Fort William Curling Club Kitchen (FWCCK) is looking for an Assistant Manager to help lead our team and ensure the continued delivery of exceptional customer service to our valued members and patrons.
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting with the management of waitstaff, which typically includes 3-5 employees. This includes recruiting, hiring, onboarding, training, motivating, scheduling, and performance/behavioural management of serving staff.
The assistant manager also engages in administrative duties, such as assisting in the management of the company Facebook page, creating signage and maintaining the features board, as well as providing support to the owner/operator and manager as needed.
Outside of assisting management and administrative duties, you will engage in serving duties, which includes hosting, serving, bussing, dishwashing, and housekeeping.
Key Attributes of this role:
· Leadership (management/supervisory) skills and experience considered an asset
· Strong organizational skills
· Administrative skills considered an asset
· Physically-fit (significant walking and standing, ability to lift up to 50 lbs for)
· Open-availability (particularly evenings and weekends)
· Knowledgeable about the Ontario Dinewise program
· Knowledgeable about Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
· Knowledge of Canva considered an asset (used for creating signage and online postings)
· Facebook Account (for managing kitchen account)
o Must be able to access the FWCCK account, which requires a personal account
· Personal account does not have to be active or used in any capacity or specific way
· Interpersonal skills
o Strong communication skills
o Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with employees, coaches, volunteers, members, patrons, FWCC bar employees, and FWCC Board members
o Be able to maintain professional demeanor while engaging with members of the public in an online setting
· Conflict resolution and problem solving skills
· Experienced working in a high-volume food-service setting
· Currents holds, or is willing to obtain, Safe Food Handling Certification through the Canadian Institute of Food Safety