Entry-Level Mill Labourer
Resolute Forest Products
We at Resolute are a diverse group of individuals who possess a wide variety of skills. Here, we believe that
giving you the ability to maximize your potential without constraint is key to our shared success.
Our Thunder Bay location in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Entry Level Mill
Labour, Thunder Bay Sawmill. This job is permanent, full-time.
As an Entry Level Mill Labourer, you will be responsible to provide safe operation of your assigned
sawmill equipment to work in a safe and productive manner to maximize quality and production while
minimizing unscheduled downtime.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all Health & Safety policies and procedures;
- Adhere to all Lock-out and Safe Operating Procedures;
- Ensure compliance to internal and external policies, procedures and regulations with respect to the Health
and Safety of the employees;
- Operate machine centres in all areas of the mill;
- Maintain productivity and quality while working in a safe manner;
- General Cleanup;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reporting to the Sawmill or Planer Supervisor, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members
are encouraged to exceed expectations.
- Grade 12 High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in related industrial environment
- Health & Safety conscious
- Ability to work as part of a team, to communicate with all levels of the organization and to adapt quickly to
- Good Mechanical operational aptitude
- Able to carry out the physically demanding requirements of the job
- Must be willing to work shift work, including weekends
- Previous industrial experience, preferably in a Sawmill would be considered an asset
- Solid computer skills an asset.
If you are interested in this position, please apply on our company website: https://www.resolutefp.com/Careers/
Only selected candidates will be contacted.