Corporation of the Township of Nipigon
52 Front Street
THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWNSHIP OF NIPIGON
The Township of Nipigon is seeking a Treasurer to direct and coordinate the Municipality’s financial and accounting activities. This position requires someone with a solid understanding of municipal finance and a commitment to service excellence and continuous improvement to enable the Township to achieve its goals, objectives, and overall mandate. Reporting to the CAO, the Treasurer is responsible for the statutory responsibilities as defined under the Municipal Act.
Duties of the Treasurer includes but not limited to;
· Managing the day-to-day operations of the Treasury Department, providing leadership in the areas of municipal finance, including; general accounting, financial analysis, budgeting, financial reporting, municipal property taxation, capital asset management, and year-end reporting to government agencies.
· Providing strategic financial leadership and recommendations to Council on program financial performance, operating and capital planning and business analysis.
· Responsible for the long-term financial planning and fiscal policy; capital, operating and program based budgeting for the Township of Nipigon’s tax-supported operations, annual budget monitoring and reporting; tax billing and collection; purchasing policy and processes; and public sector accounting.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Candidates with required competencies’ and demonstrated work experience will be considered. A professional accounting designation, post-secondary education or university degree in Commerce, Finance, Public Administration or Business would be considered an asset.
· Thorough knowledge of accounting practices including management accounting and PSAB
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and computerized accounting/finance systems.
Interested applicants are invited to review the Treasurer Job description on the Township of Nipigon’s website at www.nipigon.net and forward resumes marked “Confidential”
prior to 12 noon on Friday, March 12, 2021 by regular mail, personal delivery or email to:
Attention: Kelly Paakkunainen, CAO/Clerk
Township of Nipigon, 52 Front Street, PO Box 160, Nipigon, Ontario P0T 2J0