Child Care Centre Worker
City of Thunder Bay
As an equal opportunity employer, the City of Thunder Bay encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
ONTARIO HUMAN RIGHTS CODE: It is a contravention of the Human Rights Code of Ontario to discriminate on the basis of: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, age, record of offences, gender identity or gender expression. Therefore, a resume submitted to the City must not include references to any of the above characteristics. Do not include:
- Any certificates that have photo identification
- Driver’s licenses
- Police records checks
Note: The above documentation will be requested by the Human Resources & Division should you be the successful applicant. If a Criminal Record Check is required it will be requested by Human Resources should you be the successful applicant. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
ACCOMMODATION: Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.
PRIVACY: Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 302, as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. Questions about this collection of personal information should be directed to the Human Resources & Corporate Safety Division, 125 Syndicate Ave Suite 42, Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7E 6H8, Telephone: 625-3866
Application forms must reference the competition number and be submitted to Human Resources by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Program Supervisor Child Care Centre, distributes meals and snacks, performs clean-up and laundry duties, and assists with the care of the children.
1. Distributes meals and snacks.
2. Performs clean-up duties and maintains housekeeping supplies.
3. Responsible for Child Care Centre laundry.
4. Assists with the care of children.
5. Ensures health and safety procedures are followed.
6. Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
- Grade 12 education; or Equivalent combination of education and experience
- A demonstrated ability to meet and work with people
- Must understand the needs of children
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of child development
- Knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must undergo a successful Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC)
- Must have and maintain First Aid Certification
- Must have and maintain Safe Food Handling Certification (Level 1)
- Must have and maintain an up-to-date record of immunization
- Prior to commencing employment, must provide documentary evidence of having undergone a one-step tuberculosis skin test