Catholic Family Development Centre
380 Dufferin Street
Looking for 2 -3 facilitators
Potential start date: December 13, 2021
Contract until March 31, 2022 (Extension is possible if funding is available for the 2022-2023 fiscal year)
Hours range from 21 – 35 hours per week, evening availability is a must (6:30 -8:30 p.m. two nights per week)
Catholic Family Development Centre (Thunder Bay) is a not-for-profit, charitable, non-denominational family service agency and has been serving the community of Thunder Bay since 1979. The Centre is dedicated to strengthening and empowering families and individuals through a high-quality service within a respectful, caring environment.
Catholic Family Development Centre (Thunder Bay) is currently seeking Group Facilitators who are experienced in facilitating group programs in the community and in working with diverse populations through an intersectional, trauma informed, anti-oppressive lens. A successful candidate has a solid understanding of domestic violence, and its impacts on the victim, the perpetrator, and family as well as other factors and/or issues that create additional barriers to healthy relationships. The incumbent should also have knowledge of the principles and practices of counseling, social work, and group facilitation.
· Facilitate group programs, and ensure program curriculum objectives are adhered to.
· Manage group dynamics, and provide crisis intervention with individual clients if necessary.
· Provide supportive, remote and/or in-person crisis intervention for clients enrolled in the program.
· Refer clients to appropriate agency programs, other professionals, agencies, services, or community resources as needed.
· Prepare, compile, submit, and maintain accurate records, files, statistics, and additional relevant information in accordance with agency policies, and funding requirements.
· Keep complete and accurate records, complete client session notes and group attendance records, update database, and share information with the administration team in a timely manner.
· Comply with agency policies and procedures.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Community College Diploma or related human service
field and two (2) years of relevant work experience (group facilitation, counselling, providing psycho-education) preferred.
· Registered member in good standing with the Ontario College of Registered Social Workers and Social Service Workers or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario, or other regulated professional body, is required.
· Experience working with men, and children is an asset.
· Knowledge of the principles and practices of counseling, social work, and group facilitation.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with diverse populations through an intersectional, trauma-informed, anti-oppressive lens.
· Ability to work with individuals who experience mental health, homelessness and substance use/abuse challenges through a harm reduction, trauma-informed lens.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience utilizing crisis intervention and de-escalation techniques; Crisis Prevention/intervention training is an asset.
· Computer and virtual service delivery literacy and database management skills are essential.
· Independent and self-directed with the capability to operate with minimal direct supervision.
· Strong interpersonal skills, leadership capacity and an ability to build relationships within a diverse community
· Exceptional organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
· A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening check
· Valid driver’s license
How to Apply
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will be accepting applications and will be interviewing for this position on an on-going basis.
CFDC (Thunder Bay) is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to hiring staff that reflect the diversity in our community. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process upon request. We invite candidates from diverse communities to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Catholic Family Development Centre (Thunder Bay) but we will only contact those selected for consideration.