Canada Malting Company
579 Maureen Street
About the Company
United Malt Group is an international, performance-driven malt supplier operating 18 strategically located malt production facilities in the United States, Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom. We are the world’s fourth largest commercial malt producer supplying malt to brewers and distillers around the world from the largest of multinational organizations to the smallest craft brewers.
Canada Malting (CMC) is the largest malt company in Canada, producing approximately 400,000 metric tonnes of malt per year for brewers and distillers around the world – from the largest of multinational organizations to the smallest of craft brewers as well as for food processors. Canada Malting operates three malting facilities in Canada (Thunder Bay, Montreal and Calgary) as well as a network of grain elevators in Western Canada.
The Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for the daily documentation related to outbound malt shipments. Tracking daily movement of railcars and working on corrective actions if railcars are delayed. Responsible for accurately inputting information into the systems.
· Maintaining plant shipment schedule
· Railcar management includes billing, fleet management, diversions, returns, tracking, demurrage, customs documentation, communication with railway providers.
· Entering outbound shipments into transload spreadsheets
· Sending documentation to A/R for direct ship customers
· Uploading seals, shipment checklist and blend numbers
· AX contract entry
· Create MSP/Screening blends
· Barley receivals and stock reports
· Weekly forecasting
· COA management
· Ordering office supplies
· Maintaining petty cash
· Creating Purchase Orders
· Answering phones
· Assisting site visitors
· Receiving/shipping mail and courier packages
· Updating EHS library, other duties as required
· Coverage for Production Analyst position
SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Knowledge of Microsoft AX system is required.
· Ability to plan and schedule daily task with tight deadlines.
· Excellent customer service
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Adapts to change readily
· Knowledge of Safety in the work environment.
· Computer Skills
· Microsoft Office Suite, Database software, Manufacturing software, Timekeeping software
· College diploma in a related field
· Railway knowledge is considered an asset