Health & Safety Supervisor (FIFO)
Calstone Search Group
Supervisor, Health and Safety
We are currently looking for an experienced Health and Safety Supervisor for a FIFO opportunity in Northern Ontario with mining industry experience.
- Demonstrate exceptional safety leadership in line with the company’s values. Effectively work with employees and contractors to reduce risk and improve safety culture.
- Facilitate risk assessments, which may include project risk assessments, bow tie analysis, haz-ops, management of change assessments, etc. Work with other departments at site to identify critical risks controls and develop and implement verification strategies.
- Conduct audits on high-risk activities and work with departments to develop achievable action plans to mitigate risk.
- Support departments in the development, review and maintenance of policies and procedures. Ensure all document control standards are achieved.
- Participate in and develop resources for Safety Meetings. Effectively communicate information and assist in the development of training modules. Support in training supervisors on the safety management system.
- Participate in incident investigations. Facilitate root cause analysis techniques. Ensure all incident investigations and reporting meets a required standard of quality.
- Manage information systematically to ensure it is readily accessible, comprehensible and in certain cases quantifiable.
- Identify potential improvements in the safety management system and strategies for implementing them with consideration to change management principles.
- Play a key role in emergency preparedness and response should there be an undesirable event. Identify and establish emergency preparedness requirements.
- Supervise Health and Safety, Training, Medical and Wellness staff. Assist in the managing contracted security and medical groups.
- A positive track record of exceptional safety leadership behaviour and supervisory experience.
- A technical diploma or Bachelor’s degree in health, safety or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in a safety position or related technical position in the mining industry.
- A detailed understanding of safety risks and controls in the mining industry. A thorough technical understanding of critical risk controls related to working at heights, LOTO, confined spaces, explosives, mobile equipment interaction, hazardous materials, ground control, lifting practices, equipment safe-guarding, and industrial hygiene.
- Experience in facilitating formal risk assessments and a thorough understanding of operational risk management systems.
- Knowledge and experience in incident investigations and root cause analysis techniques.
- A thorough understanding and experience in utilizing change management principles successfully.
- A thorough understanding of emergency preparedness and emergency response experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products and excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation abilities.
Our client offers: competitive compensation, bonus, RSP matching, positive work environment, 3 weeks’ vacation and more.