Underground and Surface Diamond Driller / Driller Assistant
Are you looking for a rewarding opportunity and a gratifying career? Boart Longyear is currently looking for drillers/driller assistants to join our team. We realize drilling can be a tough and physically demanding position; however, we’re looking for people that are willing to work hard and collect some great pay checks.
In a global environment, Boart Longyear is the client’s choice in the industries we serve, including minerals exploration, environmental and infrastructure drilling. The teams that work in Drilling Services for Boart Longyear are the global industry leaders in the application of rotary, core, sonic and percussive drilling. Our global teams of drillers are experienced, knowledgeable, safety-focused and committed to our customers and our business.
The following are a general list of duties and responsibilities that maybe adjusted from time to time by your supervisor. At no time will you be asked to do something unsafe and if you believe that it is unsafe you are to stop work immediately and advise your supervisor:
· Safety is PARAMOUNT in our business. You must follow all established policies, procedures and best practices as well as the law at all times.
· As an employee you must perform all your duties in a safe manner taking care of the equipment and the co-workers that you work with.
· You will be responsible for the general condition and obtaining optimum life out of all site equipment and tools.
· You may be responsible for the training of new Driller Assistants in a safe environment.
· Be physically fit for work
· Work under instructions of a driller/drilling field supervisor or division manager.
· Work safely and follow EHS policies and procedures and conduct local risk control
· Have the ability to apply first aid
· Support drilling operations: handle rods and drilling tools, collect and handle samples, mix drilling fluids, carry out basic maintenance of tools and equipment, housekeeping, supplies count, perform basic measurement and calculations, carry out basic operator maintenance, complete pre-start checks, refuel vehicles.
· May be required to operate non-drilling equipment such as light or heavy vehicles, cranes, tele handlers, forklift, skidders, track-mounted utility vehicles, etc.
· Maintain accurate operating records, including daily drill reports and inventory logs
· Contribute to and establish effective workplace relationships
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Valid First Aid/CPR Certificate
· Sufficient language skills, literacy and numeracy skills to perform all job-related tasks
· Labour background considered an asset
· 2+ years of directly related experience.
· Exposure to different drilling environments and techniques is preferred.
· This position requires the successful candidate to meet the Fitness for Duty program standards.
· Ontario Common Core (Records need to be submitted).
Perks, Benefits and Compensation:
· Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
· Pension Plan
· Disability Program
· Life Insurance
· Employee Service and Recognition Program
· Employee Assistance Program
Please apply at https://careers.boartlongyear.com/ or call 1-705-474-2800 ext 3860
Boart Longyear welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as per the guidelines of the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).