Bayshore Home Health
· Provide personal care service according to directions care plan or assignment sheet, and ensure that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent.
· Provide personal which may include skin care, hair care, mouth care, bathing, bowel and bladder care,positioning and movement, exercise, basic wound care, feeding including special diets, and assistance with oxygen administration and medication reminder.
· Perform specialized, client specific procedures
· Observe and document client conditions according to company standards; report unusual events or changes in the client’s condition to the immediate Supervisor or to the Office
· Understand and implement infection prevention practices
· Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities
Graduation from an accredited Personal Support Worker or accredited Personal Care program or 1 year of relevant experience
At least one year of recent personal care experience in a similar position or life experience in which similar duties were completed.
Other Skills and Abilities
· Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in either English or French.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team
· able to stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach freely; able to freely lift 23 kilograms
· able to assist clients with standing, walking, sitting and rolling in bed; demonstrated
· ability to follow written and verbal instructions as related to client care
· able to travel locally from assignment to assignment