Accounting Assistant I
YES Employment Services
YES Employment Service is hiring Accounting Assistant I
YES Employment Services is a non-profit, community-based organization providing employment services in Thunder Bay, Nipigon, Red Rock and surrounding areas. We work with individuals of all ages and diverse backgrounds to develop skills to achieve success in attaining their Employment goals. We are currently recruiting for the position of Accounting Assistant I to work out of our Thunder Bay office on a permanent basis. YES Employment works collaboratively with our clients to help them reach their goals in a meaningful way and provides services in line with our organizational values.
As a member of our team, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing the Agency’s budgeting functions in accordance with federal and provincial requirements.
MAJOR TASKS WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Prepare and process payroll ensuring timesheets are backed up with approved absence requests.
• Be familiar with Collective Agreement and funding agreements.
• Track all staff hours for statutory and union due payments.
• Prepare T4 and T4A’s for all staff and program participants.
• Prepare cheques as required for training reimbursements.
• Prepare and submit program claims to government funders.
• Annual reconciliations of Government remittances; ie. WSIB, EHT, etc.
• Maintain accurate budgets for all programs.
• Edit budget according to internal changes; ie. Staffing, purchases, etc.
• Prepare budgets and rationales for proposals.
• Match purchase orders to invoices.
• Code and enter accounts payables.
• Prepare and mail out accounts receivable invoices.
• Sporadic misc. costing requests.
• Assist in Audit preparation for Auditors.
• Assist in quarterly financial reporting to all funders.
• Assist in applications for all rebates; ie. GST, Rent, etc.
• Assist in charitable tax returns.
• Reconcile bank accounts monthly.
• Other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager / Executive Director.
• Backup support for Finance Manager
• Backup support for Accounting Assistant II
• Post-secondary education in related field.
• Experience with Sage, Excel and Word, non-profit measures of accountability, and reporting mechanisms.
• Should also possess excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and leadership abilities.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00pm on June 18, 2021.
Thank you to all individuals who apply, however only those selected for an interview wilt be contacted.
YES Employment is an equal opportunity employer and provides accommodation for job applicants in accordance with the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. To make a request, please contact YES at email@example.com.