Itinerant Career Development Practitioner
YES Employment Services is a non-profit, community-based organization providing employment services in Thunder Bay, Nipigon, Red Rock and surrounding areas. We work with individuals of all ages and diverse backgrounds to develop skills to achieve success in attaining their Employment goals. We are currently recruiting for a Itinerate Career Development Practitioner position to work out of our Thunder Bay office. YES Employment works collaboratively with our clients to help them reach their goals in a meaningful way and provides services in line with our organizational values.
Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor, the Itinerate Career Development Practitioner provides workshops, information, intake, assessment, counselling, and referral services to registered clients and employers accessing services within offsite. The incumbent must have the ability to work in a dynamic programming / service delivery environment utilizing both in person (will require travel) and technological strategies. The incumbent must take initiative to develop relationships and contribute to itinerant program planning. Programming and service delivery will utilize or access a majority of Agencies resources.
MAJOR TASKS WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
Client Service Planning Coordination
· Greet clients and direct them according to their reasons for coming to YES through needs / essential skills assessment.
· Register new clients.
· Develop rationales for service.
· Develop measurable goal oriented workplans.
· Regularly revisit and update workplans.
· Conduct ongoing assessments to demonstrate progress on workplans.
· Ensure computers are functioning efficiently, troubleshoot problems and seek assistance when necessary. Provide initial assessments.
· Maintain regular and ongoing positive contact with clients in a way that is measurable (minimum bi-weekly contact).
· Establish and maintain complete file documentation including the procurement of such legal records as necessary maintaining computer database of all clients.
· Monitor active clients and their progress on a regular basis.
· Complete monitors on placed clients.
· Provide ongoing employment counselling/case management and support to clients, throughout the process and during follow up activities.
· Maintain timely follow-up calls according to contractual requirements.
· Refer and pre-screen clients on behalf of employers, ensuring a good placement/job match.
· Develop a plan with clients for marketing their skills/abilities to prospective employers.
· Must be an active member of the team, collaborating with other team members, operating using evidence-based practices, in the best interest of the agency and our clients.
· Keep information brochures and publications up-to-date and adequately displayed.
· Maintain updated job market and labour market information;
· Ensure optimum client service is provided to every individual client
· Provide employers with information regarding our job order process.
· Provide referrals and updates information or programs/services available to employers.
· Participates in case conferencing process.
· Deliver workshops to groups and individuals in the community and region, including certification and employment related workshops as needed.
· Generates reports of employer and client-related activities
· Track and record vacancies filled through YES referrals.
· Develop a marketing plan specific to client needs.
· Documentation/charting of client files according to program and agency standards
· Markets individuals and YES programs and services to employers.
· Advocates on behalf of clients, provides support to employers/clients once placement or referral has been made.
· Liaises with other agencies to promote networking.
· Represents YES at committees/organizational meetings.
· Provides when appropriate information regarding other programs and services
· Ensure employers are informed relative to YES Employment Services feedback and complaint process.
· Thorough knowledge of all program guidelines.
· Participate in strategic planning process.
· Participate in unit meetings.
· Participate in YES staff meetings.
Other duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor and/or Executive Director.
1. Post-secondary education related to social services or human relations.
2. Experience with helping services, familiar with counselling concepts and strategies, ability to communicate effectively with appropriate sensitivity to the client group.
3. Ability to market programs and services.
4. Familiarity with statistical reporting and analysis.
5. Excellent organizational skills to lead groups as required.
6. Valid driver’s licence and vehicle with business insurance required.
Thank you to all individuals who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications should be received no later than September 9, 2021 at 4:30pm. Please submit your resume and cover letter indicating why you would be a good fit for this role.
YES Employment is an equal opportunity employer and provides accommodation for job applicants in accordance with the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. To make a request, please contact YES.
Reference ID: U-2021-16
Application Deadline: 2021-09-09
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday