The Youth Job Connection program offers a unique opportunity for local businesses and organizations to build community and help young people succeed. Youth Job Connection is a specialized program for youth 15-29 years of age.
Youth accessing this program are facing challenging life circumstances and we provide support in their transition to the workplace. By hiring through the YJC program, you invest in young people in our community giving them the power to shape their futures and contribute to the local economy. All participants complete:
- 60-90 hours of pre-employment training to help develop employability skills
- Included in the training are soft skills including communications, problem-solving, conflict resolution, communication, workplace ethics, professional image, dealing with change and team building.
- The range of training is diverse and is specifically designed to prepare youth for success in the workplace .
YES supports our partner employers by providing:
- Job placements up to 6 months in duration (Employer incentives are negotiated on a case by case basis depending on job skill level complexity and duration of the placement).
- Job coaching and continuous support throughout the job placement including:
Assistance in building a job-specific training plan for each participant
- On-site visits to support participant placement success
- Acting as a liaison between your business and our participants to identify and resolve workplace issues
- Ongoing evaluation and monitoring of each participants performance and progress
- Assistance transitioning to continued employment with your organization
We can help you with recruitment by referring qualified young workers from the Youth Job Connection Program. We are always looking for new employer partnerships. If you are interested in learning how the Youth Job Connection program can assist with your recruiting strategy, contact our YJC Job Developer.
This Employment Ontario program is funded by the Government of Ontario.