The Youth Job Connection-Summer program offers a unique opportunity for local businesses and organizations to build community and help young people succeed. Youth Job Connection-Summer is a specialized program for youth 15-18 years of age. The program is for students seeking a summer job or part-time employment after school.
Youth accessing this program have faced challenging life circumstances and we provide support in their transition from school to work. By hiring through the YJC program, you invest in young people in our community giving them the power to shape their futures and contribute to the local economy. All participants complete:
• 20-30 hours of pre-employment training to develop employability skills.
• Included in the training are soft-skills including problem-solving, conflict resolution, communication, workplace ethics, professional image, dealing with change and team building.
• The range of training is diverse and is specifically designed to prepare youth for success in the workplace.
YES supports our partner employers by providing:
• Job Placements (Employer incentives are negotiated on a case by case basis depending on job skill level complexity and duration of the placement)
• Job coaching and continuous support throughout the job placement including:
- Assistance in building a job-specific training plan for each participant
- On-site visits to support participant placement success
- Acting as a liaison between your business and our participants to identify and resolve workplace issues
- Ongoing evaluation and monitoring of each participants performance and progress
We can help you with summer and part-time recruitment by referring qualified young workers from the YJC Summer program. We are always looking for new employer partnerships.
This Employment Ontario program is funded by the Government of Ontario.